It is vital that we improve hepatitis B screening and access to care in our high-risk African communities across the U.S. To do this, we need to work together! Everyone has an important role to play, from community and religious leaders, to health care providers, to business owners. Here are some of the things that you can do in your own communities:
- Host a community health forum on hepatitis B. You can use the CHIPO Powerpoint presentations to introduce hepatitis B as a health issue that needs to be addressed.
- Find a local Hep B United group that conducts community screening and education, and talk about how you can work together to conduct community events.
- Start the conversation! Talk to your friends, family members and colleagues about the importance of getting tested for hepatitis B.
- Advocate for increased hepatitis B testing in your local community – talk to your health department, and local, city or state government officials to let them know that hepatitis B is an important health issue.
- Join CHIPO! There is strength in numbers, and we welcome all who are interested in helping us improve testing and care among African communities in the U.S.!